Announcement (NOA) BSTC-20-05
Border Security Technology Consortium (BSTC)
The Border Security Technology Consortium (BSTC) supports the CBP and other potential customers within DHS in providing collaborative R&D and rapid prototyping/piloting capabilities germane to the border security domain.
A group of large and small businesses, non-profit organizations and academic research institutions quickly coalesced in the spring of 2012 to form the nucleus of the BSTC. The desired objective is for the BSTC to provide a “one stop” source for capabilities across the border security technology spectrum, including:
- Surveillance and monitoring
- Identification and assessment
- Targeting and intelligence
- Communications and information management
- and other border security – related capabilities
The BSTC Mission is to execute R&D and prototyping/piloting initiatives using innovative contracting methodologies that leverage both governmental and consortia technological, financial, and human resources to meet border security requirements and close capability gaps.
If your organization is interested in joining the BSTC, here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Review and submit the Membership Application Form and Articles of Collaboration
- Please note that the following will be required to submit your application:
- We request a one-page summary of your organization’s qualifications / domain expertise within the technical areas that will be the focus of the consortium’s activities (these areas are summarized in Article 1). We make this request so we can post this information on the BSTC website, thereby providing an avenue for promoting teaming within the consortium’s membership where it makes sense to join with one or more other members for a particular technology initiative.
- Pay annual membership dues as outlined in the Articles of Collaboration. Dues are $1,000 for large and mid-size businesses and $500 for all others (small businesses, academic, and nonprofits). New members will pay pro-rated dues payable upon joining.
- For any questions, contact BSTCConsortiumManagementFirm@ati.org.
- ATI will send an invoice for membership dues once the application is approved.
Past BSTC Event: